Saturday, March 15, 2008

Strength and Kindness

"A kind man is a strong man. But a strong man is not necessarily a kind man." Confuscious.

In many ways I do agree with this statement. Some of the strongest people I know are also the kindest people I know. But there have also been some very strong folks who are cold and hard and unkind. I prefer to hang out with the former and leave the latter behind.

Someone said to me the other day that I am one of the most compassionate people she knows and this is why she feels completely safe with me when doing healing work. My compassion has apparently helped her to build a level of trust within herself and with me. I feel honored that she feels this way. And I fully intend to live up to that. In a world where it is difficult to sometimes trust members of one's own family, it is very nice to find trust within and around us.

Deer is one of my power animals. It is the one that brings trust and gentleness into any situation. This wonderful animal has gently molded me into a caring person. Considering some of the dysfunction that I grew up with, I could easily have become cold and hard in my heart. But Deer would not have that. And neither would some of the most wonderful people that I have known. Each and every one of them has taught me more each day about the capacity of a loving heart to share the love and heal the hurts. I hope that I will be able to pass this on to my children and to anyone I encounter in life. The more love we experience and ripple forth into the world, the more peace and harmony there will be.

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com

No comments: