Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


I am one of those dads who is absolutely greatful for any amount of time that I get to spend with my children. My daughters are amazing young women in the making and extremely talented as well. Whether it be a full day (my personal favorite) or just getting together for a coffee, I enjoy every single minute of their company. As you can tell, I am very proud of my girls. As far as I am concerned they have the ability to achieve absolutely anything that they put their brilliant minds to.

From the time they each were born I have always felt a "pop" in my heart chakra any time they walk into the room. Maybe this is what they mean when they say that a man is so proud of his kids that his shirt buttons pop. I don't think that it is just pride. I know that it is a deep and unending love that spans lifetimes and multiverses. Even when they want their space, I feel the deep connection between them and myself. Yes, I would prefer to be able to scoop them into my arms and never let them go, but that would eventually kill them as all kids need to be able to get out there into the world and live their own lives.

I know that between their mother and me, as well as all the other dynamic influences in their lives, they will be nicely prepared for life. I am hoping that the lessons that we have missed along the way will be gentle ones for them in the future. And I hope that they can pass on to their children the best of whatever they have received from their parents.

That's just the way I feel on this Father's Day.

Blessed Be

Trent
Posted by Picasa

No comments: