Friday, November 23, 2007

Fire Dance Ceremony

Last Tuesday's Drumming Circle was a Fire Dance Ceremony. Much too cold to do this out doors, so I set up 3 fire cauldrons in the center of my sacred temple, otherwise known as the "Shaman's Hut". We gave thanks into one of the cauldrons, representing the Maiden aspect of the Goddess. Three candles represented the Father, Son, and Sage, while the other 2 cauldrons represented the Mother and Crone. The fire was lit and the circle began to drum, with individuals entering the circle to dance around the fire. What a beautiful sight! Part way through I received the message to "jump the fire...one cauldron to the other," which I have never done. But, being an air elemental, I decided to give it a whirl. Lo and behold, I was able to take the flame from one cauldron to another. And then later from that one to a third! We now had 3 flaming cauldron to dance around! And dance we did! It was very healing for all participants. I found myself to be profoundly affected by this experience. It spoke to the "Ember" within me.

No comments: