Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stepping Stones

I find that it is important in my life to recognize what things and situations and relationships are solid and will be consistent through my life, and which ones are stepping stones. Some have thought that I have difficulty with commitment, but it is quite the contrary. I have no problem committing to things and situations and even people that I think are going to be around. The others, well, I treat those areas as transitory, a stepping stone in life's journey.

So how do I know what is solid and what is not? Sometimes it is a matter of guess work. Sometimes it is a matter of instinct (which I have certainly learned to trust), and sometimes it is a matter of patterns. Patterns you say? Yes, patterns. You see, I watch patterns in situations and circumstances and patterns of behaviour. When I see a pattern that is consistently non-committal or wishy washy, or even a pattern of disloyalty, smoke screening and betrayal, I step aside and do not commit to that. Sometimes things change. People are, after all, able to grow. But that sort of thing requires conscious connection and decision making on their part. Let's face it, every situation and circumstance will turn out of the quality of the people involved. So when I back away it is because I notice something that is not authentic. When I get closer, it is because I see that something is worth the investment. This is not a judgement. It is a discernment.

Blessed Be
Trent
http://www.youtube.com/trentdeerhorn
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

VibrationalV said...

Ahh, discernment - something this trusting, jump first then see what happens soul has been struggling with most of her life. But as I value authenticity and integrity above all my instincts usually lead me, eventually, in the right direction, even if it involves a sharp left!!