Friday, July 18, 2008

Quality Time

I am one who believes that it is more important to spend quality time with someone than it is to spend quantity time with someone. I have had relationships in which the other person has expected me to be constantly available 24/7/52. Talk about a way to smother an Air elemental! These relationships have usually not lasted very long. I am not into maintaining a high need person at the expense of my own well being.

So what is quality time anyway? I have learned since my separation that spending time with my daughters is the most precious time I can spend. It really doesn't matter what we do so long as we are together and talking and chatting etc. My attention goes completely onto them and the loving feelings between us. Sometimes I just want to reach out and hug them until they completely absorb into my cells. But that would be pushing it a little. Hugs, yes, absorption, no.

Today we are going to spend some time at the pool and then have a picnic lunch at the park. I am totally revved about this and can hardly wait for them to arrive. Normally I am booked with clients all day. Today I booked off. I am glad that I did.

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com

No comments: