Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Out There!


I think with the wind chill it is supposed to be something in the neighbourhood of -40 C. Yikes!! At times like this, I am forced to remind myself what the benefits are of living in such a cold climate...

1. No mosquitoes!
2. Sledding down the hills.
3. Frost on the trees...beautiful.
4. Forced cuddling!
5. Leads to Body Heat!
6. Fireplaces.
7. Hot Chocolate.
8. Brighter sunlight as it reflects off the ice.
9. Keeps riffraff off the streets.

and so on. The list can go on, but doesn't really have to. I love living where I do. The cold is something that doesn't last that long anyway and the summers....well, except for last summer where it rained for most of it, are beautiful and with really nice weather. The sun dogs are also amazing at this time of year. I have seen some that were a rainbow ring around the sun, with two more rings on either side of the first ring. This is crazy phenomena, but absolutely lovely to see. I don't read anything into it that is dreadful, as some do. I simply enjoy the spectacle. Sometimes the most amazing meditation comes from just being in the moment, without expectation or fear. Simply be in the moment and enjoy.

Blessed Be
Trent
www.deehornshamanic.com
http://www.youtube.com/trentdeerhorn
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gail said...

What a great photo for this post. It must have been taken when you lived in the clouds...

Trent Deerhorn said...

Waaaay up high in the sky Baby!