Thursday, October 15, 2009

Block 1912 "A"

There will also be a "B" and "C" to this story. So keep checking in. What is Block 1912? It is a very trendy cafe in Edmonton, Alberta. My love (on the far right) and I were in Edmonton this last weekend for the wedding of a dear friend of ours. There will also be photos and bloggings about that. While in Edmonton, we just had to stop in to visit our friends, Komala and Peter Pepin (left and centre), owners and operators of Block 1912, located at 10361 Whyte Ave.

For those of you who have not been to Edmonton, Whyte Ave is the artsy, trendy shopping street. There are numerous shops along Whyte. One of my favorites is A Sense of Serenity, located just off of Whyte and around the corner from Block 1912. I will write more about that as time goes on here.

Block 1912 is open seven days a week from 9 am to midnight. It is fully licensed and has all sorts of home made food and baking, including some Indian food like samoosas. The beef lasagna was so good that I ordered it for supper one evening and then for lunch again the next day! They also have a gelato bar with the best gelato that you will ever taste. I also experience something that I can only describe as an oral gasm. It was the French Vanilla latte. OMG! I think that I had maybe three of them in a 24 hour period. I kept saying to myself that I was not going to let that stuff go to waste, especially mine! A medium was about the size of a small soup bowl. It went down so smooth that I was done sucking it back before I even realized I had started. So I had to learn to savour the moment, otherwise I would end up with a caffeine twitch.

As my Love says, "You cannot see from the outside the treasures that lie within" when looking at Block 1912 from the street. But once you walk in, it is a feast for all the senses. As you can tell, I highly recommend stopping in whenever you are in Edmonton. But don't rush the experience. Be prepared to wait in line (yes, that popular) and to relax once you are in and have ordered your treats.

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments: