Friday, October 2, 2009

These Rings


In nature all things are circular. Night becomes day, day becomes night, night becomes day once again. The Moon waxes and wanes, and then waxes again. There is Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, then Spring returns. These things are all part of the Great Mysteries and are symbolized by the circles that are these rings.

I am a Shaman in love. You may get a wee bit sick of reading about this, but bear with me. I will get over having to talk/write about it all the time. But for now, it is what inspires me. So suck it up, Buttercup, and read on!

The other night my Love and I exchanged rings and vows. No, we are not married. These are commitment rings, not wedding rings, and we are truly committed. It was nice that her cousin got married just a couple of days later and threw a big party for us to be able to celebrate not just his marriage to his lovely bride, but our commitment to each other as well. Nothing like having a party and not having to go to the effort of arranging everything!

The rings are silver, representing the refined spirit, and the stones are Peridot, which represents Compassionate Love, Abundance and Protection. I thought that I would never be able to wear another ring on that finger after removing the last one I had. It felt as though it would hurt too much. But where there is love, there is a comfortability and a resonance that surpasses all former hurt, pain, and wounds. No, I am not wearing this ring every day. After all, sometimes I work in the garden and sometimes when doing energy work jewelry on a hand is just not the thing to have. But I wear it almost all the time. I look down at it and my heart skips a beat and I feel warm all over. I feel happy...truly happy. I am extremely blessed to have found this amazing woman with whom to share my life.

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments: