Friday, October 30, 2009

Getting Your Ducks In A Row


When I was given this photo of my dear friend's daughter, it made me laugh out loud. And it also warmed my heart. It brought to mind how I would love to have a bath every time I visited my grandmother's house. She only lived till I was around 8 or 9 I think. But our relationship was very close. She taught me so much about life in such a short period of time.

Whenever I would go over to her house there were a few things that I really enjoyed. One was "sneaking" chocolate kisses from her candy jar. This was before they were called "kisses". Another was playing with her hand made blocks. The third thing was taking those blocks into her pantry closet and playing in there. And then there was her bath tub. It was bigger than the one we had at home, which was a large wash tub. This was an actual bath tub. The possibilities were endless! And, like this little girl, I loved rubber duckies. So I had my own collection back then. They had relationships with one another and would talk to each other. Then they would have to adjust to the introduction of my boat and the fishermen on it. I had a blast!

It is experiences like these that truly help children to get their "ducks in a row". Creative play helps us all. But the fun part of it is that we don't have to be really young to enjoy creative play. That is what costume parties at Halloween is all about. That is what art and music and dance are all about. These things all help us as adults to get our ducks in a row!

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments: