Thursday, October 14, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

Life goes in circles. We sometimes think that it is linear, but really it is not. Linear reality is only an illusion. It is actually circular. We are born, we live, we die and we are born again. Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter cycle along all the time. Our planet circles around a star that is incredibly hot and continues to do so for as long as our small cosmos will live.

For example. I can't tell you how many times I have bought and sold property. Each and every time I have done so I have said that the next move will only be made when I am hauled out of this house in a pine box. This is because I dislike moving house. Yet a couple of years later circumstances change and, yet again, I am finding myself selling and buying property. I have become comfortable with the fact that I will put my heart and soul into a place and turn it over in a few years as life changes occur. Sometimes that also happens with relationships.

As humans we want everything to last forever. Really, this is stupid. It is less than childish. Change happens. That is the only thing that we can really count on. So as the changes occur we need to flow with them instead of resist them and hold ourselves back from growth. That growth is an essential part of our makeup. So why resist it? Well, the only reason really is fear. We are afraid of change. Yet without change we would never have crawled into the caves for shelter, let alone crawled out of them to become hunters, gatherers and farmers. Without change the industrial period would never have happened. Technology would never have been discovered. Okay, so maybe some change could have waited a wee while.

As you are walking through your life, and you find yourself "back at the drawing board" so to speak, just remember this. It is actually a good sign. You have come full circle and can now embark on a similar yet different adventure and this time learn new things as you go. This will make you a well rounded individual and will keep you mentally sharp. Accept it and move on. Resist it and a part of you will certainly die. Once accepted, the new situation will allow you to blossom, just like the flowers that bloom in the spring.

Blessed Be
Trent
http://www.youtube.com/trentdeerhorn
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

VibrationalV said...

Ahh, Change - the only constant in my life! But thank goodness for much of it as it has lead me to some of the most incredible experinces of this life . . . so far!

Gail said...

I'm not sure whether I'm wrapping up one part of my life or beginning a new one, yet things are certainly changing.
The entire house is in chaos as we go through a reorganization. I have been working with a professional organizer who has been helping me to sort through closets, drawers, and boxes filled with years' worth of accumulated 'stuff'. A lot of the items that no longer serve a purpose in our lives were boxed up and Mark made two trips to the city this morning to drop them off at the Salvation Army, so that others can benefit from their use. A few items were no longer useful to us or to anyone else and ended up in the garbage. What remains is in the process of being neatly stored on newly empty shelves in attractive boxes in the upper rooms and in storage tubs with lids on utility shelves in the basement.
We're about two-thirds of the way through the process and I'm now able to physically feel - ever so slightly mind you - the 'incredible lightness of being' that I'd only ever heard about before.
Once this is done and I've had the time to settle into my new, clutter-free and organized home, I'll be able to look around my new, clutter-free and organized 'inner home' and see the treasures that have always been there, just hidden behind the 'stuff'. Woo hoo!!!

Grandma Penny said...

Congratulations Gail. Such a simple concept - uncluttered live, uncluttered mind. It is a difficult truth for many to embrace. Enjoy your new found freedom.

Anonymous said...

Thanks--I think I needed this. I certainly feel like I'm back at the drawing board, and boy, am I tired of looking at it!

Trent Deerhorn said...

Ya, but you gotta admit that this particular back is, at the very least, well-sculpted...