Friday, October 1, 2010

White Rabbits!


It is the first of the month, and the first thing that needs to come out of your mouth is, "White Rabbits! White Rabbits! White Rabbits!" Why, you may ask? Well, beginning from the fertility rituals of Ostara, which later became known as Easter, the white rabbit has brought good fortune for the month. Those wishing to conceive a child would call this out at the Spring Equinox and it was reputed that by the end of the month the couple would conceive. I am sure they had lots of fun trying to, even if it didn't work. So who was going to argue?

Over the years this tradition (some would say "superstition") has evolved. It is something that now is reputed to bring good fortune to those who say it at the beginning of each month for the duration of the month. But it you forget, then the luck dwindles. No worries, though. There is also a backup plan. You see, the only thing considered to be more luck invoking than white rabbits is the white unicorn. So, if you forget and then remember halfway through the day, then say "White Unicorns! White Unicorns! White Unicorns!" and all will be well.

I know that some of this may sound silly. But considering the many ways in which I tempt fate almost on a daily basis, I am not going to take my chances that ignoring it may actually diminish my good fortune. So sometimes, even when I get up at 3:00 am to have a drink of water, I will say, "White Rabbits! White Rabbits! White Rabbits!" if it is on the first of the month. Yes, I may whisper it so as not to wake up everyone else in the house, but I still say it. So far it has been working. Try it and see what happens for you!

Blessed Be
Trent
http://www.youtube.com/trentdeerhorn
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Blondi Blathers said...

Even the seemingly silliest little rituals can be astoundingly powerful.