Thursday, February 26, 2009

Winter


Don't you just love seeing pictures like this one when it is -30C outside? For those of you who are from locations much further south, -30C is like freakin' cold! Think, "The Arctic with Frost Bite". I knew that colder weather was yet to come (the trees told me so the other day when I arrived at work). So I made sure that the following morning I was able to get to the local art gallery and stroll through the solarium. I took a camera, of course, because at this time of year I find nature in bloom to be completely inspiring. This is just a small part of what I was able to capture.

This morning as I rode down the elevator to the parkade, a young man who also lives in the building got on the elevator and was going down to his level in the parkade as well. He was wearing a hoodie. Blue jeans and a hoodie!!! I smiled at him and said, "It's very cold out today." He laughed and said, "Ya, I guess that it is, after all, still winter." I agreed and said that if it continues into next week I was going to have to report it to the authorities. He laughed, not knowing just how serious I, as a shaman, was being. It made for some good chit chat though. I got off on my level of the parkade and started my car, unplugged it, of course, and began driving the spiralling 1/2 k down the parkade. On my way down I saw him backing his car out of its parking stall, still only wearing a hoodie. Ahh, to be young and blissfully ignorant! I hope that he makes it to his destination alright and doesn't have a break down in his battered up junker.

So now here I am in my warm office and with my favorite computer in the whole wide world, entering this and gazing at the beautiful photo of the tulips in bloom...... I can hardly wait for Spring to finally get here!

Blessed Be

Trent
www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gail said...

I most certainly do love seeing photos like this one when it's so freakin' cold outside. I could just wrap myself in the vibrant colours of the virtual flowers and foliage, until the actual plants begin to bloom. Then, I'd love to become really small and nap in an iris bloom, rocked to sleep by a gentle breeze...