Monday, February 2, 2009

Putting Your Best Foot Forward

It might not be the prettiest foot, but it's mine. My toes remind me of my father's feet. He had toe knuckles that were gnarly as well. And the big toe has had surgery on it when I was around 15 years old, so it is not the most beautiful toe either. But when it comes to self-esteem, I don't base it on pretty feet, on myself or anyone else.

I base my self-esteem on whether or not I am doing my best at any given moment. I don't like to be lazy. I like to do my best. Doing my best has more to do with my own personal performance rating than it does with achieving anything that anyone else would expect of me. All I can really do is put my best foot forward and step into any given situation without fear and certainly without remorse. If I have done my best, I have nothing to feel remorseful about. It is a matter of knowing what is good enough for me and keeping to my own personal standards.

Blessed Be

Trent

www.deerhornshamanic.com
Posted by Picasa

No comments: