Thursday, January 17, 2008

Inspiration

Have you ever noticed how some things just inspire you? That is the moment when Spirit is whispering to you, "This could be good....this could be really, really good!" This is when we are living in Spirit - inspired.

I find that those who inspire me vary quite a bit. A few of my friends are also artists of various sorts (you know who you are!) and their work inspires me to keep creating my own art and to just keep going with it. Some friends have been going through some pretty difficult stuff of late, and these ones inspire me to be brave and patient. My oldest daughter inspires me, through her passion for reading, to keep on learning. My youngest daughter inspires me, through her twinkling eyes and fabulous sense of humour, to keep laughing and playing. My wife, well, she is my rock. She keeps me grounded and stable when my world is going a wee bit nuts. She inspires me to be the best I can be and to keep plugging ahead when things sometimes feel like they are pretty hopeless. She also teaches me more about unconditional love every day in how she is with our children.

A lot of people have walked into my heart space over the last (let's just say over 40) years, and some of them have left scars, where others have left footprints. Those who have left footprints will always be in my heart with fond memories. I am inspired by those who have left footprints on my heart to also in turn leave footprints on the hearts of as many people as I can. That is what love is all about, really. It is not about how many people have love you, it is about how many people you have loved.

Blessed Be

Trent

4 comments:

Krymson said...

I feel like I'm monopolizing the comments section of the blog but I feel inspired! Even through difficult times I have learned, from someone that passed away recently, to see the beauty surrounding me each and every day. The way the rays of sunlight cast a golden silhouette round my cat sitting at the window. The hoar frost clinging to the frozen branches of the willow trees, a true gift from the ice fey. I can now appreciate these moments without running to grab my camera....and that is truly being in the moment. Feeling the unconditional love of the Great Mother Earth and sending her mine in return is something that cannot be put into words...but can only be experienced. Walking this path with Her guidance and sharing it with the love of the soul friends (you know who you are!) that I have in my life have also left footprints on my heart. I hope that I have left a toeprint or two on someone else's heart.
May the Stars Guide You,
Krymson

Trent Deerhorn said...

Thank you so much for sharing that, Krymson! And toe prints doesn't even begin to describe the profound effect you have had on many lives, mine for one. ;-) Also, I hope that your comments encourage others who are perhaps more shy to give it a try, so please don't stop!

Blessed Be

Trent

BJ said...

I have not read your blog for quit a while because I was always too busy. I came down with a nasty cold that lead to Bronchitis stuck at home LOTS of time to think. People that have left footprints and scars on my heart space. I have realized that scars are best looked at as lessons well learnt and just move on. The foorprints I have will always be chrished because when I hold on to those they help me to heal the scars. There are people who have helped me to heal plenty of scars along my earth walk and i am truly grateful for each one of them, including my farvorite shaman.Thank you for your footprints I hope I have left you with some too.
BJ

Trent Deerhorn said...

You have indeed left footprints. And I agree that the scars can be healed by the footprints and that it is important to move on from those who leave scars. Hopefully they will also find their own healing.

Blessed Be

Trent