Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Spirits among us

"The fact that I can't see them means they aren't there, right?" People sometimes ask me this with that expression on their face that tells me that they really want me to assure them that there are no spirits around them that they cannot see. This is simply fear.

I usually ask them, "Have you ever almost sideswiped someone who wasn't there when you shoulder checked while driving?" They nod. "Well," I say, "Do you really believe they popped out of nowhere and were absolutely not there when you looked? Of course they were. You just didn't see them." They then go a bit pale.

"Then what am I to believe in?" they ask, "Especially if what you tell me is true, then what am I to trust as real?"

This kind of conversation happens every day in my line of work. What do you trust as real? Let me see, have you ever seen 1 million dollars? No? Does that mean it is not real? No. It just means you have never physically seen it. I also have not personally seen the Statue of Liberty. That does not mean that she isn't there. What we are to trust as real is exactly what we know in our hearts to be true for us.

Spirits walk among us every day. They sometimes are there to help. They sometimes need to settle things with us before they cross over. Sometimes they are just lost and need our help. This is part of life. It is a part that is enriching if we can just get our heads out of the sand and respond to it. Sometimes we experience a cool chill out of nowhere. This could be a spirit walking buy. We sometimes feel a hand placed upon us when no one is there physically. This could be an angel or a guide or even an ancestral spirit comforting us. And sometimes we simply find ourselves thinking for no reason about someone we have known who has crossed over. It is possible that at this precise moment that person's spirit is right there with us, sending us love.

Besides, is this not much better than the idea that we die, we get put in the ground and everything fades to black??

Blessed Be

Trent

2 comments:

Krymson said...

OH MY GAWD!!! DON'T GET ME STARTED!! Okay.... well, maybe just a comment! I have investigated this type of "phenomenon" for years now and its truly wonderful. Fear has no place here, however, caution does. Being prepared and knowing full well what you're getting yourself into when working with spirits is most important. It has been and is an amazing experience!!
May The Goddess Go With You,
Krymson

Trent Deerhorn said...

Thanks Krymson!

Yes, once we begin to connect and communicate, there really is no turning back. And yes, caution is always good, from driving a car to communicating with spirits. Thanks for sharing that. I hope I did not come across as too flippant about the subject matter. That is not my intent, folks.