Saturday, January 5, 2008

Karma

People often give me the blank stare when I speak about karma. "Oh, that's that Middle Eastern mumbo jumbo!" they often say. Well, first off, it is not a philosophy that is exclusive to any particular area of the world. It is a universal concept. It is the law of cause and effect. Quite simply put, if I were to harm you, it would come back to me. If I were to bless you, it would come back to me. When we become conscious of this reality ( and that is where some areas of the world are far ahead of our western world philosophy) we would be able to end all wars. There is no sense in repeating history without taking a moment to learn from it. When we look at cause and effect, free of the concepts of blame, we clearly see karma in immediate action. It no longer matters who did what to us, we know that it will come back to them. So then we are able to look with foresight at every action we take, or every action we don't take, and see what we consciously choose for ourselves and the ripple effect of karma that flows from that decision. It is what responsibility is all about....the ability to respond. When we respond with a compassionate heart, we create excellent karma!

2 comments:

Vanitha said...

I had an amazing experience of the Divine nature of Karma. With the guidance of my "Deer" Shaman (Trent), I have connected with various past lives.
During a recent session some pain that had come up was traced back to a betrayal by a friend in a previous life.
In 2001, I had a kidney transplant from a cadaveric donor. That's from someone who chooses to donate their organs when they no longer need them on this plane. Thank you all who choose to do that!
During this session it became apparent that the soul that once betrayed me and caused my death previously was able to enhance my wholeness in this life by donating the kidney I received and there-by balancing their Karmic debt!!
Though we never knew each other in this life, we were obviously Divinely connected!
Cheers,
Vanitha

Trent Deerhorn said...

Hi Vanitha,

Yes, this is an amazing story. Thank you so much for sharing that.

Blessed Be

Trent